We encourage careful review of our guidelines before submitting a Letter of Inquiry. In particular, please note:
- There are many Friedman Family Foundations in the U.S. We are in the San Francisco Bay Area, where we focus our support.
- Our priority is with efforts that demonstrate promise for broad system and policy change. We do not provide support for direct kinds of services (i.e., training, mentoring, counseling, social services, case management, etc.)
- The Foundation does not fund internationally.
- We also do not consider funding for individuals, scholarships, sponsorships, capital, or loans.
Please keep your letter of inquiry to no more than two (2) pages.
Please include the following information:
- A description of the project or program, objectives, constituents served, and methodology to achieve your desired outcomes.
- Organizational mission, statement of need and brief description of current programs.
- Funding amount request, budget amount of project and/or organizational budget amount, current major sources of funding for both project and organization.
Use the form at right to submit your letter (pdf, doc or docx) and contact information.